Why is Hermione a year older than Ron and Harry??

Seriously, I want to know!! I mean, does that mean that you need to be 11 to attend Hogwarts?? And why does google know Hermione's year of birth? Did J.K. sai anything?
Seriously, I want to know!! I mean, does that mean that you need to be 11 to attend Hogwarts?? And why does google know Hermione's year of birth? Did J.K. sai anything?
People in their year would be born between 1st September 1979 and 31st August 1980, because that's how the UK system works. They start Hogwarts the year they will turn twelve - so unless you're born on September 1st, you'll be eleven when you first show up in school :)Hermione's birthday is 19th September 1979, Ron's is 1st March 1980, Harry's is 31st July 1980 - they're all with the same age group, it's just that Hermione is the oldest of the three.
She's not a year older, her birthday would just be earlier. Besides, she's smarter - sometimes smarter people can start school a year early anyway. Even though she'd turn eleven only a couple of weeks after the year above her started, she wouldn't technically be eligible for their year group.
Yes, exactly! Hermione, she fits in all situations stated.
I think Hermione is just a few months older not a year
Besides age and school attendance she seems to be very mature for her age.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!