Harry's Eyes

Did it bother anyone else that Harry's eyes were blue in the movies?!?
Did it bother anyone else that Harry's eyes were blue in the movies?!?
There's a reason they were blue Daniel's eyes reacted to the contacts. I know they are meant to be green though,
No it didn't bother me, the meaning of him looking like his father except for his eyes, came through in the movie even though they are blue.
I never knew Daniels eyes reacted to the contacts... well, if that's the case then it's not their fault, is it? Thanks Delaney.:)
Yeah, they tried, they really did. And you can tell because you can see in a couple of scenes his eyes are green. But he reacted badly to the contacts. I'm pretty sure Dan wanted to keep trying for the sake of the movie, but the producers said no. So we got blue eyes instead of green
I did hear the contact story before and forgot about it.  But I'm wondering why they didn't just recolor his eyes with CGI or whatever, isn't that possible?Have you seen the internet meme that says "You have your mother's eyes", then there's a screenshot of Dan's blue eyes and a screenshot of the brown (!)  eyes of the little actress playing young Lily, then a picture of Snape with the caption MY LIFE IS A LIE hahaha
Yeah, that's funny... they could have put blue contacts in young Lily's eyes...
He was eleven, he did wear brown contacts for a new movie he just did (he looks JUST like James) but because of how young he was, he had an allergic reaction and the producers decided to just go with it. Young Lily was that, young. They didn't want to chance the same thing happening.
Daniel's allergic reaction was unfortunate, yes, but I don't see why they couldn't then build the casting criteria for Lily around his eyes. The young Lily Potter in the movies has brown eyes. Since the eyes are such an important part of the books--for Merlin's sake, they're Snape's last words!--it's only fitting that they cast the right color.
I think the more important part about young Lily was getting the hair right and then getting a competent child actress of that age. Considering red hair is a mutation of a highly recessive gene, there really aren't that many kids out there that would fit the bill. So if the kid they did find happened to have brown eyes it's pretty understandable that already having made the call that eye color wasn't that big a deal, they made the decision they did.
Forget about the contacts story, have you noticeds James' hair in the mirror of Erised ? They're everything but untidy and this bothers me. I mean James' (and Harry's) hair is supposed to be like, really untidy througout his life .
Well I didn't notice his eyes, I was too busy watching the Movie!!
Maethor Valto wroteI think the more important part about young Lily was getting the hair right and then getting a competent child actress of that age. Considering red hair is a mutation of a highly recessive gene, there really aren't that many kids out there that would fit the bill. So if the kid they did find happened to have brown eyes it's pretty understandable that already having made the call that eye color wasn't that big a deal, they made the decision they did.I understand that it was hard to get a child actress with red hair, but they could have found an actress with green (or blue) eyes and temporarily dyed her hair red. I mean, they dyed Tom Felton's hair a lighter blond for the movies, so we know that it was possible for them to dye hair. 
Not only that but they also dyed the Weasley twins hair! James and Oliver Phelps have BROWN hair! So why not find a kid with green eyes and dye her hair red, honestly.
Love Life thé color of a character's eyes can be very important ! The color of Harry's eyes is in this case way more than a simple detail, but I guess you didn't read the books and reading the books makes things l'île that easier to understand. And I don't know about you guys but I think that the key to a good movie is in simple things like that.
The eye colour of young lily isnt important as your eyes can change colour anytime from when your born to when your 17 so her eyes still could have changed to blue.
yeah whats up with harrys eyes there green in the books
Lea Moore wroteThe eye colour of young lily isnt important as your eyes can change colour anytime from when your born to when your 17 so her eyes still could have changed to blue.
no
My friend recently pointed out to me that in the first movie, Lily's eyes are brown, too. They could have taken eye color into account, but matched the young Lily's eyes with the adult Lily seen in the other movies.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!