Sirius Black

So I wasn't allowed to read the books when they came out, but when POA came out, didn't people already recognize Sirius's name from the beginning of the first book? Didn't they wonder how Hagrid had borrowed a motorcycle from him if he was such an evil wizard? He isn't even revealed to be his godfather, etc till late in the book... I'm just wondering what people's initial reactions were...
So I wasn't allowed to read the books when they came out, but when POA came out, didn't people already recognize Sirius's name from the beginning of the first book? Didn't they wonder how Hagrid had borrowed a motorcycle from him if he was such an evil wizard? He isn't even revealed to be his godfather, etc till late in the book... I'm just wondering what people's initial reactions were...
Hello :)Now that I think about it... you're actually right there somehow. One could have noticed something. I guess when you read the books for the first time you don't really pay that much attention to a simple detail on the first few pages of the first book. I remember when I read the books for the first time I was 12 and I read them in German (because I'm from Germany). In the very first translation of the Philosopher's Stone they actually translated Sirius' name into German ("Sirius Schwarz") and when I got to the third book they had decided to keep the actual English name "Black". Maybe that's why I personally didn't notice. But I guess you have a really good point there :/ 
Hello! :)In fact I do remember what did I thought about Sirius, and honestly, no, I didn't noticed that. Nowadays it's obious to me, but at the begining I did not even imagine about Sirius being something else than a killer. Obviously I was wrong, and now he is my favourite character.
im with u totally marta (:
he is my favorite character but look at his life story it sux10 years in the black house (bad childhood)7 years in Hogwarts4 years at war12 years in Azkaban2 years on the run1 year locked on house arrest in black housedies without killing Peter Pettigrew
I, at the beginning decided that Serius was a killer and that Harry was going to die... However, I did also believe that what you say is correct.
I Love Azkaban Always The Werid Harry and His Friends Hermione and Ron This Time Away Too Hogwarts School Before Loved Never Never In Trust me So means So I love the Prisoner Of Azkaban Love it Harry Potter hermione Granger and Ron Weasley
OMG SIRUS I LUV UUUU!!!!1 srry 
Well I first read the book I saw the movie before (oops) but a long time ago so I didn't remember much but the book was awesome but sirus is my favorite cause what kind of Godfather would escape prison to protect you from harm I mean srsly awwwwww X3 
The reason why some characters aren't mentioned earlier is to give a story of certain objects such as the motorcycle a backstory so that the new character can have a bio and a purpose in the books onward.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!