Fun Fact in Owl Post

In Owl Post, Harry mentions that Voldemort was the most notorious Dark Wizard in 100 years. I found this really interesting because 1. Voldemort wasn't alive 100 years ago and 2. Around the 1940s I believe, which were roughly 50 years before the books, Grindlewald was the worst Dark Wizard in Britain. I figured that Rowling wrote that line because she hadn't yet thought of Grindlewald, or because she was just putting emphasis on Voldemort. Either way, it was an interesting find. Go ahead and look it up. :D
In Owl Post, Harry mentions that Voldemort was the most notorious Dark Wizard in 100 years. I found this really interesting because 1. Voldemort wasn't alive 100 years ago and 2. Around the 1940s I believe, which were roughly 50 years before the books, Grindlewald was the worst Dark Wizard in Britain. I figured that Rowling wrote that line because she hadn't yet thought of Grindlewald, or because she was just putting emphasis on Voldemort. Either way, it was an interesting find. Go ahead and look it up. :D
In one of the other books- I'm not sure which- it says Grindelwald was not as bad as Voldemort. The way she phrased it was something like, "Grindelwald only missed out on being the darkest wizard ever because Voldemort came along about 40 years later and took the spot", but she said it much better than I did.
Or Rowling didn't give it much thought.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!