The Character of Ginny Weasly

I know a lot of people, unfortunately that used to include myself, that see Ginny Weasly as a weak character. That she needs Harry for protection and has no strength in any way. In reality, she has one of the strongest personalities. Sure, she isn't my favorite character, but she is definitely in the top five. She has a certain aura of strength, like you had better watch yourself around her! Ginny has such a complete personality, and she is very real. You wouldn't see her as "gifted", you wouldn't see her as popular, you wouldn't see her as one of the total outcasts- she would blend into the background, and she would be friends with everybody. At the same time, she does her own thing, and I think she is the character that people can relate to or at least think of someone to relate to her the easiest. She is easy and outgoing, but she is always watching. Any thoughts?
I know a lot of people, unfortunately that used to include myself, that see Ginny Weasly as a weak character. That she needs Harry for protection and has no strength in any way. In reality, she has one of the strongest personalities. Sure, she isn't my favorite character, but she is definitely in the top five. She has a certain aura of strength, like you had better watch yourself around her! Ginny has such a complete personality, and she is very real. You wouldn't see her as "gifted", you wouldn't see her as popular, you wouldn't see her as one of the total outcasts- she would blend into the background, and she would be friends with everybody. At the same time, she does her own thing, and I think she is the character that people can relate to or at least think of someone to relate to her the easiest. She is easy and outgoing, but she is always watching. Any thoughts?
I would agree with you that Ginny is a very strong character. In the last book, she actively fights against Voldemort in the Battle of Hogwarts. She also joins the DA, and doesn't shrink back from teasing or fights with Ron or any of her other brothers. I think she is perceived as weak largely because her infatuation with Harry discouraged her from speaking much at first, so that she seemed shy and unwilling to engage. However, i do disagree with your assertions that Ginny gifted or popular: it is mentioned more than once that she cast a mean Bat-Bogey hex, and she was a member of the DA, essentially guaranteeing her skill. Also, she is definitely popular, since she is described as quite pretty, and dated several popular boys before Harry. She is also part of the Quidditch team, which gies her status equivalent to football players in a typical American high school.
nononono sorry you misunderstood me nononono. Sorry. What I meant was she is one of those people who (and surely you have these people at your school) isn't self-obsessed. She is very well likes, but doesn't always hang with the "popular" people. You may attempt to disagree, or at least someone will, but she hangs out with very unpopular people, at least in the later books. Hermione, Harry, Ron, Neville, Luna- they are her main friends later on, the ones she keeps in touch with. They are practically the least popular ones in the school. Also, when I say gifted, the reason I put it in quotation marks was because I meant the definition of gifted like really obsessed with grades and stuff. Though she is very smart and very talented, I meant that she is not stereotypically gifted or popular, but she is in her own beautiful way, which makes her stronger.
Okay, first, Harry isn't the least popular person in the school. Hermione and Ron are kinda more bottomish then Harry, but still nooot so much. Neville and Luna... well they are definitely in the bottom 5 but anyways..Ginny is my third favorite character (for people who want to know my first favorite characters are Fred and George, and my second favorite character is Sirius) and there's a reason for it. She's strong, amazingly pretty, tomboyish, plays on the Quidditch team and is very competitive, isn't afraid to get into a fight or throw a hex at someone if they're mean... well, I could go on and on but I don't want to bore anyone. Just - Ginny's awesome! I agree with everyone..
When I say that Harry is unpopular, I mean that he is in book five when Ginny really gets to know him and become friends with him.
If I'm perfectly honest with you I am in love with the character of Ginny. If you're discussing Bonnie Wright's portrayl of Ginny, then I'd have to say that I felt her character wasn't as strong as I had hoped. However Bonnie could only perform on the amount of lines that she was given, which admittedly was limited. On the other hand, if you're talking about the book version of Ginny then I'd have to whole heartedly agree with you, she is a strong independent witch who can easily stand up for herself as she shows through her actions during the seven books. She's an amazing person for Harry because she has elements of his best friend in her, with her joking side, as well as her being a powerful witch so she can keep up with him. But also she seems like such as genuine person that would keep him grounded through his fame, and also keeping him sane when Voldemort is affecting him, like during the Battle of Hogwarts when he is pretty much walking to his death, she meets him and knew exactly what he needed. Gosh, I just love her character so much xD
I love Ginny! She's my favorite character, with Fred and George only centimeters behind. She is a strong character who (in the first and second books) has a major crush on Harry. She spends time with other boys and learns to be herself with Harry, eventually marrying him.
She's a low-key type of character that floats in and out of certain chapters and appears there randomly in the movies.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!