Beauxbatons Academy of Magic is a female School?

I always had this doubt...
I always had this doubt...
Precisely! Sometimes the adaptations confuse us! And the same happens with Durmstang?
Yes, Durmstrang admits girls. In fact, it was founded by a woman.
Yeah, they just changed it in the movie to make more of a statement, I think. 
No its not an all girls school. If you read the books it explains that there are boys going to school from the Beauxbaton's Academy. And the Drumstrang school also had girls in the books. I believe they made it all boy and all girl in the movies just to make it easier to distinguish the two schools students apart.
well they have uniforms for each school so it would still be easy to distinguish the schools even if they had boys and girls attending them. don't you think?
I think I really need to reread the books (I haven't read them in a couple of years)! I somehow had the impression (probably from the movie) that Beauxbatons was an all-girls school. I don't think that having just a girls school in all of France would cause a major problem; the wizards could travel through the fireplace or apparate in a couple of seconds.
No, in the book boys and girls are admitted where they aren't shown in the movies. Given the nature of their schools (one being a slightly prissy, French academy, and the other being a hardened, slightly Dark institution) the filmmakers probably decided that to make the story and dialogue flow well (such as Ron's comment "I like the way they walk") they distinguished the two schools through gender. There is also the possibility that no boys were chosen to be eligible to enter for Beauxbatons, and no girls for Durmstrang, though the chances of this, given the amount of students taken from each school, is slim.
Nicolas Flamel (Famous Alchemist) went to Beauxbatons.If you take my course, you'll learn this fact. 
I had always assumed that Beauxbatons, while not an all-girl school, had been primarily female for a long time. Since it's in France, I assumed that a big chunk of the boys who would have gone there got pulled for service in World War I or II (like, everyone who isn't a pureblood with a no-intervention policy), and that the school itself had had to close during the wars. France lost a pretty big chunk of its population at that time, not just in the services, and the damage was pretty severe, so I don't think that the wizarding world just "sat out" of the Muggle fight. With that in mind, I figured that for the last 60-ish years, there have been more witches in France than wizards, therefore more witches enrolled in Beauxbatons, though the number is now starting to even out. 
The book mentions that padma and Parvati go to dance with some boys from beauxbatons at the yule ball, so it is definitely not all girls.
And Hermione danced with Krum.From Durmstrang!
in the book its a male and female but in the movie its just girls so...
Amanda Lovegood wroteNo its not an all girls school. If you read the books it explains that there are boys going to school from the Beauxbaton's Academy. And the Drumstrang school also had girls in the books. I believe they made it all boy and all girl in the movies just to make it easier to distinguish the two schools students apart.Exactly!
Yes, it is an all female school.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!