If no one knows the true form of a boggart...

Then why was Alastor Moody able to identify one at Grimmauld place, when the boggart was hiding upstairs and away from people? Why didn't anyone ever ask him what a boggart looks like?!
Then why was Alastor Moody able to identify one at Grimmauld place, when the boggart was hiding upstairs and away from people? Why didn't anyone ever ask him what a boggart looks like?!
He probably was just seeing his own boggart. But if he wasn't, that is a very interesting thought, I've never thought about it that way before. Good question.
Maybe he saw his boggart, and knew what it was. But I think that he could tell it was there because of his magical eye.
All depends on whether the boggart chooses which form to assume (like, when it knows it's being watched), or whether it's forced into the specific shape by the act of something watching it.  If it's the former, then presumably Moody would have seen it's true form, but if the latter then he would just have seen his own boggart.  It could be the former, as when a group of people are watching it, it gets confused and doesn't know what form to take (Prisoner of Azkaban, Lupin's class).Also, would his magical eye be able to perceive the boggart's true form since it's not a biological eye?I'd be fascinated to know whether there's anyone whose worst fear IS a boggart... then they would obviously see its true form.  But there are way more scary things in the world alas...
I thought about that  I think that Moody saw its true form. Also, what could his boggart have been? (I'm asking)
Maybe his magical eye popping out? (LOL kidding)No idea really.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!