Was Amortentia underused?

Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the universe, however, in HBP it was woefully underused. It was used only as a plot device to get Ron poisoned and a possible explanation why Riddlemort grew up without a father. Also I think Rowling was setting us up for something good when she had Slughorn say:"When you have seen as much life as I have, you will not underestimate the power of obsessive love."Does anyone else feel cheated? Especially, when we recall how Polyjuce Potion was introduced and used masterfully thoughout the whole series.
Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the universe, however, in HBP it was woefully underused. It was used only as a plot device to get Ron poisoned and a possible explanation why Riddlemort grew up without a father. Also I think Rowling was setting us up for something good when she had Slughorn say:"When you have seen as much life as I have, you will not underestimate the power of obsessive love."Does anyone else feel cheated? Especially, when we recall how Polyjuce Potion was introduced and used masterfully thoughout the whole series.
I think Amortentia should be illegal. Merope used it to basically rape Tom Riddle, Sr. The same legal situation would apply if you had relations with someone who was drunk.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!