Dumbledore

Guys u know that part when Harry goes to visit Dumbledore in his office and he is like : "he said I'm dumbledore man through and through(something like that)" and dumbledore is like that's not very nice and Harry says "I said I am" and then dumbledore has like tears in his eyes. Why is he crying? I never got that part and I asked my friends and they didn't know either. Please respond.
Guys u know that part when Harry goes to visit Dumbledore in his office and he is like : "he said I'm dumbledore man through and through(something like that)" and dumbledore is like that's not very nice and Harry says "I said I am" and then dumbledore has like tears in his eyes. Why is he crying? I never got that part and I asked my friends and they didn't know either. Please respond.
The exact quote isHarry Potter: He accused me of being Dumbledore's man through and through.Albus Dumbledore: How very rude of him.Harry Potter: I told him I was.Albus Dumbledore: I am very touched, Harry.This is in refence to this dialogue from book 6:Harry Potter: But if I keep popping in and out of the Ministry, won't it look like I approve of what they're doing? Rufus Scrimgeour: It would give everyone a boost to think that ----Harry Potter: No, sorry. I don't think that will work. I don't like some of the things the Ministry are doing. Locking up Stan Shunpike, for one. Rufus Scrimgeour: I would not expect you to understand. These are dangerous times. You are sixteen years old --- Harry Potter: Dumbledore's a lot older than sixteen, and he doesn't think Stan should be locked up either. You're making Stan a scapegoat, just like you're trying to make me a mascot! Later. Rufus Scrimgeour: I see. You prefer - like your hero Dumbledore - to disassociate yourself from the Ministry. Harry Potter: I don't want to be used. Rufus Scrimgeour: Some would say it's your duty to be used by the Ministry! Harry Potter: Yeah, and others might say it's your duty to check people actually are Death Eaters before you chuck them in prison! You're doing what Barty Crouch did. You never get it right, you people, do you?! Either we've got Fudge, pretending everything's lovely while people get murdered under their noses, or we've got you, putting the wrong people in prison and pretending you've got the Chosen One working for you! Rufus Scrimgeour: So you're not the Chosen One? Harry Potter: I thought you said it didn't matter either way. Rufus Scrimgeour: I shouldn't have said that. It was careless. It was --- Harry Potter: No, it was honest. One of the only honest things you've said to me. You don't care if I live or die, but you do care I convince everyone you're winning the war against Voldemort. I haven't forgotten, Minister... Narrator: Harry raised his right hand and showed the words, shining white, that Dolores Umbridge had forced him to carve into his own hand: I must not tell lies. Harry Potter: I don't remember you coming to my aid when I was trying to tell everyone Voldemort was back! The Ministry wasn't so keen to be pals last year!      When the Minister said Harry was "Dumbledore's man through and through," he meant that the Boy Who Lived was just as vehemently against the Ministry that condoned the use of Veritaserum and the Cruciatus Curse to get answers and denied Voldemort's rebirth as APWBD was. Dumbledore thought it rude of Scrimgeour to openly accuse Harry, and he really appreiciated Harry's support in this troubling time.
Oh my. Thank you :D I spent idk how long trying to figure this out :)

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!