AHHHHHHHHHH Dumbledore!

DID ANYBODY ELSE HAVE A SERIOUS CRISIS WHEN SNAPE MADE DUMBLEDORE GO BYE BYE?Wait sorry all caps.I mean, yes, there were people that were just like, 'Nope, it's all a plan' but what about the horror that DUMBLEDORE DIED?!Oh come on, I bet EVERYONE had that moment of, 'DOES NOT COMPUTE' when it happened!
DID ANYBODY ELSE HAVE A SERIOUS CRISIS WHEN SNAPE MADE DUMBLEDORE GO BYE BYE?Wait sorry all caps.I mean, yes, there were people that were just like, 'Nope, it's all a plan' but what about the horror that DUMBLEDORE DIED?!Oh come on, I bet EVERYONE had that moment of, 'DOES NOT COMPUTE' when it happened!
I was traumatized, but for me it wasn't about Dumbledore's death, it was still about Snape.  It did not occur to me until later that it could have been planned.  I had liked Snape from the beginning and had grown to love him and had believed throughout the series that his loyalties lay with Dumbledore, and the moment I read that he cast the Killing Curse at Dumbledore my world pretty much fell apart.  It was like finding out your boyfriend is a serial killer lol or something.  I cried and cried, but only because I thought Snape had turned out evil.
The impact of Dumbledore's death was more shocking for me in WHO killed him, rather than that he'd BEEN killed. This is mostly because JK was starting to...I guess Whedonize the books by that point. Cedric was killed at the end of Goblet of Fire and Sirius dies in Order of the Phoenix; it was clear SOMEBODY was going to be murdered before I even cracked open Half Blood Prince. Dumbledore made sense, since there was only one book left in the series--just enough time to make the characters desperate and forced to grow into their heroic roles without their safety net. The thing that hit much harder for me was that it was Snape that did the killing. Cedric's death was a punch to the gut because nothing like that had happened in the books until then, but he's murdered by Voldemort and Pettigrew. Likewise, Sirius' death happens in the middle of a fight with loads of Death Eaters; unfortunate, but makes sense. Dumbledore is murdered by somebody we've been repeatedly told is a trustworthy ally, if an occasionally mean one, and that was REALLY where the shock came from in that death.
I knew there must have been a plan behind Snape killing Dumbledore, mostly because I just read the books last summer and had never heard anything SUPER bad about Snape, so I assumed that he was to be trusted. I think J.K. Rowling did a really great job of making the reader feel like Harry throughout the series- I was very conflicted because it seemed like he was with the Death Eaters but Dumbledore trusted him, and he was also in the Order. Anyway... I was absolutely horrified that Dumbledore died. Whenever anything went wrong, Dumbledore was always on Harry's side, and he always believed his "fantasies". He always made everything right, but I knew that Deathly Hallows was going to be crazy because they didn't have their headmaster to fight evil with them. ...And I was right. 
Sigh. I just reread HBP for the seventh time and it never gets less sad. I mean, I know what's going to happen, but it's still sad when it happens, like getting a bad grade even though you know you did poorly. But it's also sort of funny (please don't think that I am the most insensitive wart you have ever had the misfortune to meet). Our Language Arts teacher said something the other day about dramatic irony, which is when we know something the characters don't. So if you've ever reread a book, the whole thing was dramatically ironic since you knew everything that was going to happen. So I know that Snape and Dumbledore arranged it, so its funny to see Harry blaming Snape. In fact pretty much everything is funnier because whenever something(anything) happens I am like "oh, so you think that that's the reason? If only you knew.... If only you knew..." Of course I understand that it would ruin the whole entire plotline if they knew, but it IS quite funny (and it makes me feel omniscient (nice Ravenclaw word, right?)) Speaking of funny and going back to Snape, I saw a really good joke the other day (only people who've read The Deathly Hallows would get it) - Why did Severus Snape stand in the middle of the road? -So you wouldn't know which side he is on. 
Oh my god when Dumbledore died I wanted to kill Snape
I seriously did and when I found out that Snape wasn't evil then I was like "are you sure, Rowling?" because Snape just sounded....so the type for that. Plus he was a Death Eater once.
Snape was once a death eater, so technically he is evil. I know I wouldn't trust one of Voldemort's followers. Besides, why would anyone want to become a death eater and all evil-ish just for a stupid plan that includes murdering one of your best friends?
I was sad that Dumbledore was died but Snape had to be the one to do it, to save Draco.
#IKnowStillCryingOverDumbledoreSeriouslyWheneverIReadHarry'sThoughtsAtTheFuneralTearsStreamDownMyFace
So sad! Poor harry... Dumbledore was supposed to always be there!
This just watch movie again I feel sad for Harry Potter and find Dumbledore I forgot he died in the movies

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!