My Wand Story

Wand Length: 14 1/2 InchesWand Flexibility: Slightly SpringyWand Wood: MapleWand Core: Dragon HeartstringI travelled to Diagon Alley with my parents, who, as Muggles, had never been before. We all decided that my wand was our main priority so we went to Ollivanders first. We found another student in there when we arrived, buying their first wand, so we had to wait a while, especially as the boy in there had to try 17 different wands before one chose him! Eventually it was my turn, and I was so nervous! I was scared that no wand would want me, but Mr Ollivander seemed to be able to sense this, and gave me some chocolate and calmed me down, telling me that no one had ever left his shop without a wand before.He measured my height and the length of my wand arm (right), and then chose a box from quite high on a shelf (he told me that it was Hazel, for my slightly emotional state, and dragon heartstring, 12 1/2 inches), and although it emitted a number of small smoke puffs when I waved it, I was told that it was not the one for me. I tried three more wands, each with different woods (one Apple, one Ebony and one Spruce) but all with Dragon Heartstring.I watched Mr Ollivander pick out the fifth box from the the exact center of the second stack, and I immediately felt a humming sensation in the air as he took the wand out of the box. When I took it from him, I felt an instant connection with it - it just felt right in my hand. When I waved it in a squiggly 's' shape, blue sparks popped out of the tip and I felt a surge of magic rush through me. I knew before he told me that the wand had chosen me; I felt as if it were an extension of my arm and I never wanted to put it down.I am desperately looking forward to learning and practicing spells that will enable me to strengthen my connection and bond with my wand, and I feel that we will help each other to become stronger and develop each other's abilities.
Wand Length: 14 1/2 InchesWand Flexibility: Slightly SpringyWand Wood: MapleWand Core: Dragon HeartstringI travelled to Diagon Alley with my parents, who, as Muggles, had never been before. We all decided that my wand was our main priority so we went to Ollivanders first. We found another student in there when we arrived, buying their first wand, so we had to wait a while, especially as the boy in there had to try 17 different wands before one chose him! Eventually it was my turn, and I was so nervous! I was scared that no wand would want me, but Mr Ollivander seemed to be able to sense this, and gave me some chocolate and calmed me down, telling me that no one had ever left his shop without a wand before.He measured my height and the length of my wand arm (right), and then chose a box from quite high on a shelf (he told me that it was Hazel, for my slightly emotional state, and dragon heartstring, 12 1/2 inches), and although it emitted a number of small smoke puffs when I waved it, I was told that it was not the one for me. I tried three more wands, each with different woods (one Apple, one Ebony and one Spruce) but all with Dragon Heartstring.I watched Mr Ollivander pick out the fifth box from the the exact center of the second stack, and I immediately felt a humming sensation in the air as he took the wand out of the box. When I took it from him, I felt an instant connection with it - it just felt right in my hand. When I waved it in a squiggly 's' shape, blue sparks popped out of the tip and I felt a surge of magic rush through me. I knew before he told me that the wand had chosen me; I felt as if it were an extension of my arm and I never wanted to put it down.I am desperately looking forward to learning and practicing spells that will enable me to strengthen my connection and bond with my wand, and I feel that we will help each other to become stronger and develop each other's abilities.
Amazing! I love the detail in the story, like where on the shelf you wand came from, and how it felt when you connected with it. I also like your story because I also had around 5 tries until I found my wand, and my wand has the same core and flexibility.Congrats on your new wand!
Nice story.  It reminded me a lot of when my wand chose me.  They way you described how you knew before he said anything that the wand had chosen you was exactly how I felt.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!