"How I Got My Wand" Assignment

Wand Length: 11.5 inchesWand Flexibility: Slightly SpringyWand Wood: AlderWand Core: Dragon Heartstring(This is a role-play version of how I obtained my wand.)*Alyssa walks into Ollivanders alone as her friend Natasha goes for a pet. She looks around at the many wands on the shelves, wondering how she'll pick one. She is unaware on how wands pick the users instead of vice versa.**Ollivander approaches and Alyssa looks at the old man, completely in awe.*Ollivander: Hello there young witch. May I help you?Alyssa: Um.. Hello.. Are you Mr. Ollivander?*Ollivander chuckles*Ollivander: Why, yes I am. But the "Mister" is unnecessary.*Alyssa smiles and takes out her first-year supplies list, pointing to where it says "Wand from Ollivander's"*Alyssa: It says I need a wand from here...Ollivander: Yes, of course! A first year, huh? You seem a bit old to be a first year.Alyssa: Yeah, my friend and I got our letters some years late. Ollivander: Ah, that may happen sometimes. *Ollivander looks through some wands, mumbling how he expected this to occur**Alyssa watches with her full attention*Alyssa: How do I know which wand to pick?*Ollivander laughs*Ollivander: You don't choose the wand.*Ollivander stops and looks at Alyssa, a small smile playing on his lips*Ollivander: The wand chooses you.*As Alyssa tries to understand this concept, Ollivander pulls a wand from the shelf and hands it to Alyssa**Alyssa takes it out of the box with great care and looks at it with awe*Ollivander: Well, give it a-*Alyssa doesn't hesitate to wave it around, and bright sparks of fire shoot from the tip**Ollivander hastily takes it from her and returns it to the box, and the box to the shelf from where it came**Ollivander pulls another one, insisting this one is it*-4 more wands later, nothing's worked yet-*Ollivander checks the back for more wands, starting to lose hope**Alyssa glances at some discarded wands on the floor from where she knocked some off the shelf with one wand**Alyssa picks one up**Alyssa gives it a half-hearted wave**Lights grow brighter, candle's flames grow larger, and Alyssa's eyes turn golden for a moment**Ollivander rushes over and grins, as does Alyssa, both knowing this is the one*Ollivander: This shall be your wand. It has chosen you.*Ollivander goes to his desk and measures the wand, examining it as well*Ollivander: It is eleven and a half inches long, made from Alder wood, with a core of dragon's heartstring. *Ollivander bounces the wand a bit*Ollivander: And slightly springy.Alyssa: What do those things mean? As in, why does my wand have those qualities?*Ollivander goes to a large book on his desk and opens the pages, dust flying everywhere, causing both Alyssa and Ollivander to cough**Ollivander starts to read about the wand's wood*Ollivander: "Alder is an unyielding wood, yet I have discovered that its ideal owner is not stubborn or obstinate, but often helpful, considerate and most likable."*Ollivander flips the pages, causing more dust and more coughing**Ollivander stops and starts to read about the wand's core*Ollivander: "As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the post power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types." Hmm, that's always a good quality. But- Oh, dear! It says here: "The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that was of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental." *Ollivander peers at Alyssa over his glasses*Ollivander: Have you been sorted, yet?Alyssa: Yes, Sir, I have.Ollivander: Into what house, may I ask?Alyssa: Ravenclaw.*Ollivander smiles at Alyssa*Ollivander: Oh, an intelligent one, aren't you?*Alyssa smiles back, slightly embarrassed*Alyssa: It appears so, according to the Sorting Hat. But, what of the flexibility or length of the wand?Ollivander: Oh, those are involved with your physical being. Core and wood are matched, instead, with your magical abilities and your mind.*Alyssa takes the wand and holds it, admiring at how well it fits in her hand*Alyssa: Thank you, Ollivander!
Wand Length: 11.5 inchesWand Flexibility: Slightly SpringyWand Wood: AlderWand Core: Dragon Heartstring(This is a role-play version of how I obtained my wand.)*Alyssa walks into Ollivanders alone as her friend Natasha goes for a pet. She looks around at the many wands on the shelves, wondering how she'll pick one. She is unaware on how wands pick the users instead of vice versa.**Ollivander approaches and Alyssa looks at the old man, completely in awe.*Ollivander: Hello there young witch. May I help you?Alyssa: Um.. Hello.. Are you Mr. Ollivander?*Ollivander chuckles*Ollivander: Why, yes I am. But the "Mister" is unnecessary.*Alyssa smiles and takes out her first-year supplies list, pointing to where it says "Wand from Ollivander's"*Alyssa: It says I need a wand from here...Ollivander: Yes, of course! A first year, huh? You seem a bit old to be a first year.Alyssa: Yeah, my friend and I got our letters some years late. Ollivander: Ah, that may happen sometimes. *Ollivander looks through some wands, mumbling how he expected this to occur**Alyssa watches with her full attention*Alyssa: How do I know which wand to pick?*Ollivander laughs*Ollivander: You don't choose the wand.*Ollivander stops and looks at Alyssa, a small smile playing on his lips*Ollivander: The wand chooses you.*As Alyssa tries to understand this concept, Ollivander pulls a wand from the shelf and hands it to Alyssa**Alyssa takes it out of the box with great care and looks at it with awe*Ollivander: Well, give it a-*Alyssa doesn't hesitate to wave it around, and bright sparks of fire shoot from the tip**Ollivander hastily takes it from her and returns it to the box, and the box to the shelf from where it came**Ollivander pulls another one, insisting this one is it*-4 more wands later, nothing's worked yet-*Ollivander checks the back for more wands, starting to lose hope**Alyssa glances at some discarded wands on the floor from where she knocked some off the shelf with one wand**Alyssa picks one up**Alyssa gives it a half-hearted wave**Lights grow brighter, candle's flames grow larger, and Alyssa's eyes turn golden for a moment**Ollivander rushes over and grins, as does Alyssa, both knowing this is the one*Ollivander: This shall be your wand. It has chosen you.*Ollivander goes to his desk and measures the wand, examining it as well*Ollivander: It is eleven and a half inches long, made from Alder wood, with a core of dragon's heartstring. *Ollivander bounces the wand a bit*Ollivander: And slightly springy.Alyssa: What do those things mean? As in, why does my wand have those qualities?*Ollivander goes to a large book on his desk and opens the pages, dust flying everywhere, causing both Alyssa and Ollivander to cough**Ollivander starts to read about the wand's wood*Ollivander: "Alder is an unyielding wood, yet I have discovered that its ideal owner is not stubborn or obstinate, but often helpful, considerate and most likable."*Ollivander flips the pages, causing more dust and more coughing**Ollivander stops and starts to read about the wand's core*Ollivander: "As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the post power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types." Hmm, that's always a good quality. But- Oh, dear! It says here: "The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that was of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental." *Ollivander peers at Alyssa over his glasses*Ollivander: Have you been sorted, yet?Alyssa: Yes, Sir, I have.Ollivander: Into what house, may I ask?Alyssa: Ravenclaw.*Ollivander smiles at Alyssa*Ollivander: Oh, an intelligent one, aren't you?*Alyssa smiles back, slightly embarrassed*Alyssa: It appears so, according to the Sorting Hat. But, what of the flexibility or length of the wand?Ollivander: Oh, those are involved with your physical being. Core and wood are matched, instead, with your magical abilities and your mind.*Alyssa takes the wand and holds it, admiring at how well it fits in her hand*Alyssa: Thank you, Ollivander!
Hey awesome way to present the assignment, really cool and unique 

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!