My Wonderful Wand

Wand Length: 12 1/2 inchesWand Flexibility: Surprisingly SwishyWand Wood: LarchWand Core: Dragon HeartstringBeing a first born, but also a pure blood, my feelings walking into Ollivander's wand shop were mixed. A part of me felt confident and in good hands, knowing what the process was, but being the eldest sibling I was uneasy because it'd been a while since anyone in my family has obtained a wand. Up until now I'd felt so naked without a proper wand, this was going to be a huge turning point in my life. When I'd seen Ollivander sitting behind his desk through the glass windows outside, my eyes lit up. As we walked into the magnificent shop so did his. Seeing his smiling wise eyes confirmed I was in good hands. "So, you're looking for you first wand then?" he asked pulling out a box. "Lets give this one a try," I flicked it and there was a small explosion. Ollivander's eyes got wide and then he laughed. "Alright I guess not that one. Let's try yew, unicorn... oh and how tall are you approximately?" it all sounded like gibberish to me. "Umm, i think i'm about 5'2," i responded quietly. "Now, don't be so shy, this is an exciting experience," Ollivander laughed, pushing in the box he'd just pulled out and opening another to hand to me. "Try." I swished it this time, same result.This went on for a little while, I'd started to get a little worried. Ollivander was very good at hiding frustration if he even had any. After about the sixth try though, we'd found it. It fit perfectly into my hand and calmness fell over me the moment I lifted it. It was dark at the bottom, but very light and smooth at the top. When it had been purchased I could never have been so proud. The moment I got home I read up on the qualities of my wand.From what I can remember about larch is it's strong, durable and a warm colour, larch is an attractive and powerful wood. Its known for giving the user courage and confidence. This much sought-after wand is, however, trickier to handle than many imagine. It's also known to create wands of hidden talents and unexpected effects, which should also describe the owner who's rightfully earned it. It is often the case that the witch or wizard who belongs to the larch wand may never realize the full extent of their considerable talents until paired with it, but that they will then make an exceptional match.What I learned about dragon heartstring was that they produce wands with the most power. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner. They're also known to turn the quickest to the Dark Arts. Though that's the user's decision not the wands, so in other words it more often attracts wizards and witches that may not have the best intentions. It's also the most prone to accidents, sometimes being temperamental.I've loved my wand ever since, although I haven't had it for long, it's been very easy to handle. I just have to make sure I don't lose it, but even still I'm sure it'll find me. Hopefully it'll prove very helpful in charms this year.-Natalie Lucas
Wand Length: 12 1/2 inchesWand Flexibility: Surprisingly SwishyWand Wood: LarchWand Core: Dragon HeartstringBeing a first born, but also a pure blood, my feelings walking into Ollivander's wand shop were mixed. A part of me felt confident and in good hands, knowing what the process was, but being the eldest sibling I was uneasy because it'd been a while since anyone in my family has obtained a wand. Up until now I'd felt so naked without a proper wand, this was going to be a huge turning point in my life. When I'd seen Ollivander sitting behind his desk through the glass windows outside, my eyes lit up. As we walked into the magnificent shop so did his. Seeing his smiling wise eyes confirmed I was in good hands. "So, you're looking for you first wand then?" he asked pulling out a box. "Lets give this one a try," I flicked it and there was a small explosion. Ollivander's eyes got wide and then he laughed. "Alright I guess not that one. Let's try yew, unicorn... oh and how tall are you approximately?" it all sounded like gibberish to me. "Umm, i think i'm about 5'2," i responded quietly. "Now, don't be so shy, this is an exciting experience," Ollivander laughed, pushing in the box he'd just pulled out and opening another to hand to me. "Try." I swished it this time, same result.This went on for a little while, I'd started to get a little worried. Ollivander was very good at hiding frustration if he even had any. After about the sixth try though, we'd found it. It fit perfectly into my hand and calmness fell over me the moment I lifted it. It was dark at the bottom, but very light and smooth at the top. When it had been purchased I could never have been so proud. The moment I got home I read up on the qualities of my wand.From what I can remember about larch is it's strong, durable and a warm colour, larch is an attractive and powerful wood. Its known for giving the user courage and confidence. This much sought-after wand is, however, trickier to handle than many imagine. It's also known to create wands of hidden talents and unexpected effects, which should also describe the owner who's rightfully earned it. It is often the case that the witch or wizard who belongs to the larch wand may never realize the full extent of their considerable talents until paired with it, but that they will then make an exceptional match.What I learned about dragon heartstring was that they produce wands with the most power. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner. They're also known to turn the quickest to the Dark Arts. Though that's the user's decision not the wands, so in other words it more often attracts wizards and witches that may not have the best intentions. It's also the most prone to accidents, sometimes being temperamental.I've loved my wand ever since, although I haven't had it for long, it's been very easy to handle. I just have to make sure I don't lose it, but even still I'm sure it'll find me. Hopefully it'll prove very helpful in charms this year.-Natalie Lucas
i like that it took more thaan 3 tries. most poeple have 3 tries to find the wand, and i think its very original to have 6.
Your wand sounds great! I think its a good thing it took so long, means you got exactly what you needed. 
I like how you explained the wood. It really tells about your personality. 

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!