I don't know what I am meant to be doing

I'm a new Hufflepuff and well I don't really know what I am doing. I have signed up for some classes, but I am not sure if I am getting all the info I need to pass. I am also not sure what to do next?
I'm a new Hufflepuff and well I don't really know what I am doing. I have signed up for some classes, but I am not sure if I am getting all the info I need to pass. I am also not sure what to do next?
What you (or what I did when I first enrolled in this school) I took my classes (got some passing grades obviously) and once you finish all your classes , when you get to the little tab that's says "final exam", and I mean ALL of your classes, then you become a second year and learn more advanced stuff.I also socialize along the way, make friends to help me with my essays, and assignments.So you. An unlock more things to do when you get to be a second year student and so on,as in you get to go to much more different places in diagonal ally.Hope you got all that! 
I felt like I also wasn't getting all the information to pass. Weird, huh? I have no idea what I'm doing either. Good luck, my friend!
There is also a FAQ in the Welcome section of the Forum: http://www.hogwartsishere.com/forums/discussion/734023/My advice is: have fun! Join a dorm, talk to people, reply to people's posts on the news feed when they seem funny/interesting to you, enjoy the assignments ... :)
I definitely agree Maurice, for example can you send me a friend request?
Thanks Maurice!i Love friends, especially owling them.
Here's what I did in the beginning, back when HiH was still orange:1. I went to the courses and signed up for the course that I was most interested in (in my most boring and unusual case, Transfiguration was that course)2. I took an empty notebook and a pen and wrote down EVERYTHING the teacher said. I mean everything. I page through my old notes and get a headache, they're so detailed. Don't do what I did. Instead, write down the key points, and a few other points that aren't as important. It depends on the teacher. Some like to question you on the similes in the lesson, others ask you three questions per lesson. Still, if you're truly interested in the coursework, it would be cool to write it all down, to have later when you've completed seventh year or something and want to reflect on what a total nerd you were in the beginning. 3. I set goals for myself, like, complete all three Transfiguration lessons and then sign up for Charms. I just kept building up, doing three or four lessons at a time, depending on what I was working on.4. Before examinations, I went through my massive notebook and put Post-its on the sections where I had written the notes for that subject. I labeled them "Lesson One", "Lesson Two", and so on.5. I went at my own pace, and I still do so. Don't overdo it, trying to become a second year as soon as the coursework opens up. I've got several lessons to do, so I don't sweat it. First years have no due dates, and it's not like this site is going anywhere. With all the hype it's getting, and the thoroughness of the people behind it, I'm sure they'll see it through to seventh year.

Write a reply

You have to sign up or log in to reply to forum discussions!