****11/27/2016 UPDATE: Student Lounge Edition is currently under construction and posted as a separate book! This edition will no longer be updated, as Club functionality has returned to the main site and an official version is available under the tab "Groups & Roleplays". Apologies for the inconvenience.**** This is a comprehensive catalogue of all the clubs currently here at Hogwarts. Clubs are organized into chapters based on what category they fall into. Don't see your club anywhere in the catalogue, or noticed that something is wrong? Want your club removed from the catalogue for whatever reason? Please owl the editor! This catalogue will be updated monthly, at a minimum, to ensure that all clubs are properly catalogued and students are able to find the clubs that best suit their interests. Please spread the word and share this catalogue with your fellow students! Original stock image credit goes to: amethyste-stock at deviantart, who can be found at http://amethyste-stock.deviantart.com.
This chapter was last updated: November 29th, 2014 and has 39 listed clubs.
All clubs with a stated purpose of providing HiH course help, study groups, tutoring groups, or discussing advanced educational opportunities are located in this chapter. If you feel that your club has been placed in this chapter by accident, please owl the editor with the correction and it will be relocated within 24 hours. Clubs are listed alphabetically by name.
- Academic Club (#27,178), led by Rebecca Love. A club for 1st Year students needing help with their studies. Open to students of all Houses, provided they are enrolled in at least one course.
- After School Homework Program (#32,114), led by Noah Zhou. A relaxing place for students to work on homework, chat, and have fun. They offer tutoring for various HiH courses and hold meetings.
- Ancient Runes Society (#25,759), led by Professor Genesis Starfight. A club for the 2nd Year Ancient Runes course and other rune enthusiasts. They discuss matters relative to runology, including translation, magic, and runes not covered in class. This club has an off-site forum.
- Astronomy Tutoring Program (#26,276), led by Professor Dax Polgara. The official club for all Astronomy course questions and assistance. They offer tutoring and homework help to improve student understanding of the subject.
- The Athenaeum (#27,157), led by Brooke Baerwalde. An Inter-House club for students to study and compare notes on all available courses at HiH. This club is also creating study guides, tutoring aids, and offering other homework support for 1st and 2nd Year students.
- Charms Tutoring (#27,683), led by Jada Kristile Kyle. A club offering help to students currently enrolled in Charms. They offer both private tutoring and group help via the club chat.
- Charms Tutoring Program (#30,918), led by Madeleine Bradford. A club offering help to students currently enrolled in Charms.
- Combat Club (#28,306), led by Anna Lestrange. A club for students to discuss Muggle defense tactics, concentrating on swordplay, the proper handling of a bow and arrows, and other self-defense skills that may come in handy when wandless.
- DADA Tutoring (#29,304), led by Professor Melanie Silvers. A club offering help to students currently enrolled in Defense Against the Dark Arts. They have a weekly schedule showing when tutors are available to answer questions and assist with lesson comprehension.
- The Defence Squad (#29,308), led by Professor Melanie Silvers. A club for students who love Defense Against the Dark Arts. They plan to host discussions on specific spells, defense, and other topics related to the Dark Arts.
- Dueling Club (#25,126), led by Lillian Mae. This is a club for 2nd Years and above, to practice their dueling form, spells, and etiquette in a safe, supervised environment.
- Dumbledore's Army (#25,685), co-led by Elizabeth Fraley and Mason Black. This "secret" organization was formed by students for students to learn proper Defense Against the Dark Arts. The main purpose of this club is to learn magical methods of self-defense and protection, rebel against Death Eaters, Voldemort, the Ministry of Magic, and the Inquisitorial Squad's control at Hogwarts. In order to become an active member, students must fill out an application form.
- Elemental Magic Club (#25,233), co-led by Professor August Rubedo and Cosy Redione. A club for the discussion of Air, Earth, Fire, and Water spells, and other forms of spells associated with magic. More complex elements will be explored in the future.
- Herbology Club (#25,487), led by Sonja Luyten. A club for students to discuss Herbology, both as a subject and as a course at HiH. They often utilize a chatzy.
- History Club (#30,852), led by Tera Lee. A club for students to discuss history, and even debate over past events in a safe, peaceful space. The club welcomes both Muggle and Magical history fans.
- Hogwarts P.E.P. Squad (#30,823), led by Dinah Saur. A club for Positive Ecstatic People (P.E.P.). The members of this club are here to cheer others on in their classes, encourage each other, and bring a little more joy to the Hogwarts halls. If you are feeling down and just want to talk, reach out to them and they'll be there for you.
- The Hogwarts Tutoring Club! (#28,970), led by Jean Granger. An Inter-House club that offers tutoring services for all available courses. They are currently accepting tutor applications.
- Hogwarts Weather Watchers (#25,136), led by Professor Genesis Starfight. A club for amateur weather watchers and storm chasers. They host discussions and activities based on weather phenomena, such as virtual field trips to "observe" natural weather, sharing pictures/artwork of local or extreme weather events, and offering safety tips and advice to those who choose to venture out into the storms. The club has both an off-site forum for discussions and an off-site location to share photographs.
- Homework Support Club (#27,043), led by Madison Bettle. A club for students to get together and encourage one another to do their homework. They are currently working on logistics, but plan to have at least two people on at specific times during each week to offer encouragement; proposed schedule is for 1-2 hours a week for 1st Years, and additional hours offered to assist 2nd Years in meeting due dates.
- Magical Research Society (#27,826), led by John Eyesmith. A club to promote and sponsor further magical research and advanced education.
- Meteorology Club (#28,925), led by Brendo Ravenclaw. A club for anyone who enjoys weather or the science of Meteorology.
- Motivation Club (#26,713), led by Sherrinford Holmes. A club for students to motivate and/or be motivated by one another reach HiH and Muggle academic goals. They offer individual pep talks and battle speeches to combat whatever flimsy excuse you're using to procrastinate.
- Mystics of Claw (#25,897), led by Clara LeRune. An Inter-House club for students interested in Divination, astrology, or the Occult. Members may meet up to do tea leaf and tarot readings, watch the night sky, and talk about their courses here. This club will also serve as a study group for Divination, and despite its name, you do not have to be in Ravenclaw to join.
- The Owls Tutoring Program (#31,207), led by Annikka Rybak. A club for tutors and students who are part of the Owls Tutoring Program to work on assignments, receive study help, or hang out.
- Potions Club (#25,214), led by Rose Wolfe. The official club for the HiH Potions course, when it was run by former Professor Wolfe. They discuss lessons, offer study help for homework and tests, and offer weekly Potions activities that cover topics not addressed in the course to expand student knowledge of the subject.
- Sept of Phantasma (#26,847), led by Cristo Dvorkin. The honorary Sept of Phantasma is an ancient society of Wizarding scholars and individuals who hold interest in the mysterious field of Ghoul Studies (related to the proposed HiH course).
- Spellcasting Club (#25,179), led by Professor Alex Quilmane. A club for the discussion of some of the finer details of magic, including examples not seen in the 1st Year Charms course. Club members will practice various spells, consider their impact on what they have been cast upon, and discuss various forms of magic.
- Student to Student - Tutoring (#29,800), led by Ronn Mina. An inter-house club to link students in need of course help with appropriate student tutors. They have a Google Doc listing all available tutors and where you can list yourself to become a tutor.
- Study Club (#31,692), led by Kaida Maverick. A club designed as a quiet place for students to study. They also offer some course help.
- Study Group (#31,110), led by Lily Wood. A club for students to have fun while studying for their classes. They aim to keep one another focused and help each other learn better
- Study Hall (#25,333), led by Ellie Lovegood. This club is for anyone that needs some help with their studies. No answers will be given (you still have to do your own homework), but tutoring to help students better understand specific courses and lessons are available.
- Study/ Library room (#32,226), led by Lily Grace Wood. This club is a place for friends and acquaintences to meet up and help each other study and do schoolwork.
- Theory of Magic (#26,473), led by John Eyesmith. This club focuses on "Theory of Magic" as a missing subject at Hogwarts for 1st Year students. It will contain discussions and lessons about past and current theories and the development of knowledge in this field.
- Tutoring (#30,423), led by M.Pia Golfin. A club offering tutoring assistance for all students, regardless of House, age, or blood status.
- Tutoring club! (#27,145), led by Martha Pasatiempo. A club to link students in need with appropriate tutors. They currently focus on Astronomy.
- Undead Studies (#25,436), led by Rebecca Pink. A club for students interest in the study of Undead beings, such as Ghosts, Vampires, Zombies, Mummies, Inferi, etc. The club leader is currently looking into putting together lessons on the subject.
- Wandlore Club (#25,142), led by Professor Alex Quilmane. A club focused on the discussion of all things related to wands. This includes different core materials, lengths and flexibilities, woods, combinations, unique wands, and more.
- Wizarding History Club (#25,469), led by Zsofia (Sofia) Kiraly. A club for the discussion of history, famous wizards, and other past events.
- *This club is listed with no name* (#27,144), led by Martha Pasatiempo. *This club is currently listed without a description, but was stated in forums as being a place for tutoring for Astronomy.