Dorm Directory (Unofficial)
****11/24/2016: Student Lounge Edition is currently under construction and posted as a separate book! This edition will no longer be updated, as Dorm functionality has returned to the main site and an official version is available under the tabs "Hogwarts > Dormitories". Apologies for the inconvenience.**** This is a comprehensive directory of all the dorms formerly here at Hogwarts. Dorms are organized into chapters based on what category they fall into. Don't see your dorm anywhere in the directory, or noticed that something is wrong? Want your dorm removed from the directory for whatever reason? Please owl the editor! This directory is no longer being updated! Please spread the word to your fellow students! Original stock image credit goes to: amethyste-stock at deviantart, who can be found at http://amethyste-stock.deviantart.com.
This chapter was last updated: November 17th, 2014 and has 18 listed dorms.
All dorms with a stated purpose of providing HiH course help or that focus their activities around tutoring/completing assignments are located in this chapter. If you feel that your club has been placed in this chapter by accident, please owl the editor with the correction and it will be relocated within 24 hours. Clubs are listed alphabetically by name.
- Gallant Gryffindors (#1,021), led by Harley Smith. A dorm for studious and active students who value bravery and loyalty. Their aim is to make Godric Gryffindor proud. They're a dorm for those who are serious about this online learning experience and want to be around those who feel the same way. Of course, they're not all work and no play. Study sessions and discussions will take place in posts. This dorm has roughly 89 members.
- The Heart of The Lion (#11,969), led by Brenda Prince. Welcome to The Heart of the Lion. They welcome all students of the House of Gryffindor to join them for a fun and social experience. Group studies welcome and encouraged - but NO cheating! This dorm has roughly 47 members.
- Mischief Managed (#12,007), led by Jachelle Hayleigh. Hello, welcome all! Anyone who wanna discuss any class materials may do so and everyone will try to help! Let's create a harmonious environment for everyone in here. :D We're gonna form up study groups so please state which subject(s) you're best at and we can start earning points for Gryffindor! ;) This dorm has roughly 269 members.
- Nerds of Steel (#23,960), led by Victoria Pentington. A dorm for students who succeed in school or students who would like help in succeeding. They promote dorm room chatting and friendships being created. There is no swearing allowed, and relationship talk is frowned upon, but they recognize that as students there will always be those random nights of truth or dare. ;) This dorm has roughly 12 members.
- Study all day, Talk all night (#31,592), led by Heather Dellett. This dorm is for active members that actually do the school work and would like to talk about it or ask questions for help. But that is not all, we will also be talking about other things. It is up to you. Anything from T.V. shows to books to games. Just have fun! This dorm has roughly 1 member.
- West Tower, Highest level (#4,605), led by Paen Wright. A bed trimmed in scarlet and gold await you. Welcome to West Tower, Highest Level Dorm. Please be respectful of everyone. West Tower is looking for active students who want to help and get help from fellow dorm mates. This dorm has roughly 12 members.
- XXV Forti (#17,484), led by Jessica Pfeiffer. Welcome to the awesome Gryffindor dorm room 17484. This is an interactive dorm that contains study groups and dorm meetings. The study groups use a Google account where you can see what classes each dorm member is taking and what assignments they have done. This way if you need help on any of your work it is quite easy to seek help and form a study group. Dorm meetings are held at least every other week in the dorm room and are done at two different times. Meetings and times are announced via owl and are also posted in the dorm room five days in advance. The dorm also has weekly events such as Joke Monday, Role-Play Wednesday, and Harry Potter Fact Friday. This dorm has roughly 12 members, and has an upper limit of 25 members; members who are inactive for a month or more will be kicked out.
- Herbology (#29,972), led by Kellie Tweedell. A dorm for the discussion and study of Herbology. The dorm has roughly 5 members.
- Huffedly Puffedly (#16,202), led by Ken Morgan. They take care of each other and look out for one another by helping with homework or discussing where they found that cool chocolate frog! The dorm has roughly 14 members.
- Ethical Eagles (#28,805), led by Dorm Leader. Welcome, friends and family! This is our new home and we're hoping to do it right. This is a fresh start for all to remember and embrace the values of this dorm: spending time together, supporting each other, and the pursuit of knowledge and happiness. This is meant to be a safe place for everyone to be themselves without being judged. This dorm has roughly 52 members, and is run by a five-student council that is elected each school year.
- Hotspot (#262), led by Sophie Loftus-Mannion. Help with homework, talk about Muggle life, fandoms and to find Chocolate Frog cards! This dorm has roughly 100 members.
- The League of 42 (24,699), led by Novellus Batman. A dorm of exactly 42 active members at any point of time, who are divided into 6 Quidditch teams of 7 members each. The teams compete for the L42 Quidditch Cup (awarded at the end of every month), based on House points earned during the month. The dorm boasts of its own crest and website (complete with forums for discussions), FaceBook and Twitter, Chatzy room and Plug.dj music room. Started in April 2014, The League of 42 has contributed nearly 40,000 points for Ravenclaw (as of October 2014). The dorm is closed unless there are less than 42 members. If any Ravenclaw wishes to be part of L42, they should owl the dorm leader. This dorm has 42 members and is currently closed.
- Order of the 'Claws (#12,802), led by Dharmaj Joshi. Hello, fellow Ravenclaws, Welcome to dorm #12,802, where reside the most witty and valiant witches and wizards. Feel free to ask questions and interact. This is a dorm for any Ravenclaws who are particularly studios and very serious about their school work, but also like to have a bit of fun. This is a place to discuss classes, assignments, and the general activities of Hogwarts. Study Sessions and Academic Discussions will be held in the Posts section. They aim to make Rowena Ravenclaw proud! The dorm leader asks that all new members post an introduction and start interacting. This dorm has roughly 65 members.
- Order Of The Raven (#32,559), led by Abigail Black. The Order Of The Raven dorm is a place to make friends, share academic achievements, get support, and just have fun! If anyone has any questions about the dorm or HiH, please feel free to owl the dorm leader. This dorm has roughly 3 members.
- Riddikulus Riddles (#7,172), led by Kelly Sibyll. They are currently looking for other Ravenclaws that need a relaxed place to come to when the studies become too tough. They rely on each other for a lot of things, but first and foremost they try to make long lasting witch and wizard friends. They plan on having study groups and celebrations in the future. This dorm has roughly 134 members, and uses a FaceBook group for most of their chatting and activities.
- Silver Bloods (#30,800), led by Victoria Engel. Open to anyone who wants to have fun and meet new people. This is a Co-Ed dorm. They will be like a family, meaning they will have each others' backs and will help each other with studies if needed. This dorm has roughly 6 members.
- Slitherin' Slytherins ツ (#21,085), led by Alessa Slytherie. This is a dormitory for Slytherins to come for homework support and help, as well as acting as a place where Slytherins can develop a tight-knit community within the House. They might not be entirely book-knowledge oriented, but that doesn't mean they don't want to succeed--they're just smart enough to figure out other ways of doing it. ;) This dorm has roughly 57 members, and offers course help for all Year 1 classes.
- The Standard (#29,437), led by Cordelia Lacroix. They are "The Standard" of Slytherin House. They hope to represent the best of Slytherin in both academics and behavior. Slytherins are cunning, resourceful and ambitious in nature and they plan to use this for good, and maybe a touch of evil. Their motto is borrowed from the Disney film, Wreck It Ralph, "Just because we are the 'Bad Guy' it does not MEAN we ARE a Bad Guy." This dorm has roughly 7 members.